The effect of work from home jobs, 75% of peoples suffer from muscle aches, take a 30-second break every 40 minutes during work, and stay fit by doing these 3 exercises
- Stretching three times a day can help prevent wrist, back, neck and arm pain during computer work.
- Gravity puts pressure on the spine. This pressure pulls the fluid between the discs outwards
- If you take a 20 to 30 second break every 40 minutes, the fluid returns to its normal state.
At the time of the Covid-19 transition, most office workers were work from home jobs. According to a study, 75 % of office workers are experiencing muscle and bone pain due to working on a computer from home. According to Joey Baganz, head occupational therapist at Northwestern Medicine Central Dupaz Hospital, if you stretch three times a day, you can avoid pain in the wrists, back, neck and hands during computer work.
Why does pain occur?
Professor Dr. in the Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Moncton, Canada. “If you stand or sit in the same position for too long, the force of gravity can push your back disc,” said Nancy Blake. Pushing on the disc causes back pain and other problems. Gravity puts pressure on the spine. This pressure pulls the fluid between the discs outwards.
“Every 40 minutes, if you take a 20 to 30 second break, the fluid returns to its normal state,” Nancy said. This movement also involves getting up from a chair and doing light stretching or drinking a glass of water in the kitchen.
These 3 sets of stretching should be done three times a day
Movement of the wrist
- Stand up and straighten one arm and keep the palm down.
- Now pull the fingers of the hand backwards before the other hand. Keep pulling until you feel the pull.
- Stay in this position for a while. Let the hand straighten again.
- Now do the same with the other hand.
Work from home jobs Shoulder exercises
- Stand up straight. Now slowly move the shoulders upwards towards the ears.
- Stay in this position for 3 to 5 seconds. Then slowly bring the shoulders down.
- Do this process 3 to 5 times.
Work from home jobs Stretching the back and chest
- Put the fingers of both hands together and move the hand behind the head.
- Now bend the arm backwards so that both the shoulders collide with each other. Stay in this position for 5 to 6 seconds.
- Take a deep breath and relax the shoulders.
- Do it once again.
Dr. Nancy Black says the effects of work-related injuries are not immediately apparent, but the problem can be exacerbated if the condition persists for a long time.