Benefits of oatmeal are high in fiber, so appetite is low and weight is under control
Fiber and anti-oxidants prevent cholesterol from rising, leading to heart and stomach ailments
Oats are especially beneficial for those who want to lose weight,
Have heart disease or suffer from diabetes.
It can also be eaten for breakfast or dinner.
It is beneficial for the stomach in many ways due to its high fiber content.
National Nutrition Week is celebrated every year from 1st to 7th September.
This time the theme is, ‘Eat-Right, Bite-to-Bite’. when, why and how to eat super food oatmeal?
When should oats be eaten?
It is a kind of grain. It contains fiber and many essential nutrients.
It is rich in good fats and proteins compared to other grains.
It also contains Vitamin-B, Iron, Manganese, Phosphorus and Zinc.
Ordinary people can take it for breakfast in the morning and evening.
If you are overweight, diabetic and have heart disease,
you can also include it in dinner. A bowl of oats can take half a cup with milk or yogurt.
Those who have cardiac disease (food allergies to wheat or other grains) can take gluten free oats. It is available in the market.
For whom are oats most beneficial?
Anyone can eat this. Especially those who want to lose weight.
should be included in the diet as it is low in calories.
high in fiber and helps in controlling appetite.
The fiber and anti-oxidants in it prevent cholesterol from rising,
which helps in relieving heart and stomach diseases.
Fiber keeps blood sugar normal by digesting starch, so diabetics benefit.
It contains phytochemicals like lignans and antirolactone that protect against breast cancer.
Choose oats according to your need
It is like a piece of rice, it can be made like a piece of wheat
Or bread can be made by adding flour to flour
It is flat in shape. Pour half a cup of rolled oats and a teaspoon of sugar into a glass of milk, boil and eat.
It is available in the market in pre-cooked form. It does not need to be cooked. Flattened rice or milk mixed with dry fruit can be eaten.
benefits of oatmeal
- Consumption of oats or oatmeal significantly reduces total cholesterol and LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. This prevents heart disease like coronary heart disease.
- The fiber in oats helps the gastrointestinal tract to function properly and improves digestion by increasing the number of bacteria in the intestines.
- Oats contain many anti-oxidants, including the polyphenol group of avenanthramides. This helps lower blood pressure.
- It contains beta glucan, which helps to increase the number of healthy bacteria in the gut and makes the stomach feel full. It reduces appetite and keeps weight under control.
- The fiber in it maintains the sensitivity of insulin. It also helps in controlling sugar.
How is this prepared?
Oats are a barley plant. It is an autumn crop.
After harvesting, the grains are separated by cutting the barley.
Its seeds are broken by frying, which is called steel cut oats.
It is eaten as beans. Its grains can also be boiled by steaming,
called generold oats. Biscuits made from barley flour are also very popular these days.